Thursday 21 May 2015

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline



I’m not a geek, instead I’m just way too far from becoming one. I don’t have problem socializing or make friends. I’m not a book worm genius nor am I a kickass gamer. But, I do agree that at some point, I feel like escaping the reality.

If you guys had before watch the movie ‘Surrogate’, then you could feel the same vibe the book tries to bring out was. The movie was quite vulgar though. But still, the message it brings is the same.

Where people no longer happy being in the real world. And many had felt contented hiding behind their beautifully-created avatar, because to be judge is so crucially pain. In the end, everyone came to believe that living in the virtual world is what happiness is. There, there is no flaw. No one knows you. You could impress as much as you want without being stereotype at.

You are anonymous.

The real world? It is total wreckage. It’s a world contaminated with people so corruptedly blind with power and money. When human did lost their humanity, they are far more evil than devil ever were.

What is it exactly that pushes us to our limit?

What is our limit?

This book struck a taste of reality to my sense. Ernest is a genius geek. His book was not merely about science fiction and fantasy alone. The quest of the ‘Halliday’s Egg’ is actually a journey. And through this journey, one will battling with themselves. They also will encounter their own true self.


It was I believe, the only and final way Halliday could do to correct his mistakes. As like what he had told Wade for winning the quest, "I created OASIS because I never felt at home in the real world. I didn't know how to connect with the people there. I was afraid, all my life. Right up until I knew it was ending. That was when I realized, as terrifying and painful as reality can be, it's also the only place where you can find true happiness. Because reality is real."

This is book is total sums up of everything.

Plus, it was so interactive and educative. I do feel I'd become more knowledgeable reading this stuff. Even though, it didn't really be any of a help for my upcoming exam. 

Still, it's worth every second.

Happy reading :)

Ernest Cline - Ready Player One PDF